VISION, MISSION AND FOCUS OF ASSESSMENT, AND TOPIC STUDIES
ASEAN STUDY CENTER
RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
SEBELAS MARET UNIVERSITY
Build the outstanding, reliable, and autonomous study center in the research and community facility, particularly in relation to the development and utilization of science and technology within the scope of the ASEAN Community, in order to achieve the community integration and social harmony in Southeast Asia region based on the culture values and national defense.
1. Present the accomplished ASEAN research and studies, and apply them in the plan of actions, spesifically within the scope of ASEAN.
2. Converse the results of researches, programs, and actions about ASEAN studies to the public.
3. Providing support and services for empowering communities to improve their role and position in ASEAN cooperation.
4. Provide support and facilities for the institutions and societies at the local, national, and international scope in order to develope and enhance the international cooperations at the ASEAN level.
5. Developing information systems and partnerships which able to support the competitiveness of each nations in Southeast Asia region.
C. Focus of Assessment
Along with the superiority of Sebelas Maret University, which located in Solo as a cultural city, ASEAN Study Center will focus toward study on the socio-cultural subject as one of the ASEAN Community pillars without ignoring the concern about economic and political-security which related with Indonesian national interests.
D. Topic Studies
The topics studies which organized by the ASEAN Studies Center include most of the disciplines developed at the Sebelas Maret University related to issues concerning ASEAN or Southeast Asia, that are political and international relations; communication, information and journalism; public policy; sociology; international law; ASEAN law; economy, trade and international management, literature, art and history; public health; engineering technology; agriculture and environment.
E. The Development and Office Address
ASEAN Studies Center was established and legalized by the Letter of Decree of the Chairman of Institute for Research and Community Facility in Sebelas Maret University, No. 33 / UN27.21 / HK / 2016 on January 7, 2016.
ASEAN Studies Center office address is located in:
ASEAN Studies Center
Institute for Research and Community Facility, Sebelas Maret University
Jl. Ir. Sutami No. 36A Kentingan Surakarta Tel. (0271) 632916, Fax. (0271) 632368
Website: http: //psa.lppm.uns.ac.id, E-mail: email@example.com